Fast and effective mouse control for London & the South East
Mice are one of the most common pests affecting homes across London and the South East. They are known to spread diseases such as salmonella and listeria in their urine, droppings and bedding. The risk of food contamination with these pests is high due to their nature of marking their runs with urine. Our professional trained technicians are well equipped to deal with your mouse issue; protecting your family's health and home.
HOW TO GET RID OF MICE
Our helpful, friendly teams are here to help you at each step of your journey to a pest free home.
How do I know if I have a mouse problem?
If you think you’ve spotted signs of a mice infestation, you’re in the right place. This quick guide to mice will help you determine if it is in fact mice you are dealing with.
There are a number of tell-tale signs that you have a mouse infestation:
- Droppings: mouse droppings are small black pellets the size of a grain of rice. Fresh droppings will be soft and moist. Each mouse can leave around 80 droppings per day.
- Smell : mice urinate frequently and are associated with a strong smell of ammonia.
- Nests: you may come across a nest, mice will gather materials and will create a nest, usually in lofts, under floorboards or in airing cupboards.
- Smear Marks: mice leave behind a oily residue from their fur of built up dirt. The more often they use the same runs, the residue will transfer to the walls and leave behind brown/black marks. We call these smear marks.
Mice are generally nocturnal, and like to feed little and often, from crumbs or left over food. They do not need a separate water source. In ideal conditions mice can live up to a year or longer. A female mouse can have in excess of 40 young in a year so it is very important that any evidence or sightings are reported straight away.
At Beaver we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM). This is a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools in a way that minimises economic, health, and environmental risks.
We follow the following 5 steps for mouse control London:
- Inspection – In line with the CRRU guidance, ensuring a through survey is carried out is essential. This will be a full environmental assessment identifying: pest infestations, access points, sources of food, water & harbourage, proofing options, and any external factors which could result in pest infestations i.e overgrown vegetation.
- Exclusion – proofing is carried out where possible by our technicians, any larger proofing jobs need will be identified and explained to the customer. Proofing is the best defence against rodent ingress.
- Restriction – Restricting the sources of food, water and harbourage will make your home less appealing for pests and can be an effective way to prevent re-infestation.
- Destruction – This is what is says, destroying pests that do manage to find their way into your home. Destruction does not necessarily mean baits though, the CRRU risk hierarchy will be used to identify the least harmful way to go about this.
- Communicate – Communication is perhaps one of the most important parts of the process as a whole. At every stage of this process our technicians will be communicating their actions and importantly the reasons for their actions for you. Explaining the importance of exclusion and restriction will in the long term benefit you as you will reduce the risk of repeated infestations. It is very important that the recommendations the technicians provide are followed to support you in having a pest-free home.
"I had an issue with mice up in my loft. I had heard scratching for weeks and finally decided to put a ring camera up there and sure enough I got the evidence I needed. Beaver Pest Control were recommended to me and a very nice chap called Rob turned up at my property. He quickly set up the necessary traps and bait in the attic. Within a few days we had caught 4 mice! Rob then also secured vents outside the property, and inside as well plugging up any gaps he could find to prevent them getting in again. So far so good no more mice. I would highly recommend this company, as they know what they are doing when it comes to pest control. Rob was very professional throughout his visit."
"They did a great job, I called them reporting my problem and they came in on the day after returning after a few weeks to finish the job. Csaba, the staff, was really really nice and very friendly, very professional about moving things around to catch and block all the holes, checking everything to make sure rodents wouldn’t ever come back again in my house. I strongly recommend their services I’m sure the company must be proud having great staffs like Casaba. Well done guys."
"Don't look any further - these are the guys you need. Greg provided amazing service and dealt with our mice/rat problem efficiently. He explained the reason for the infestation and filled in any holes they was coming through.We have not had any problems since and if we ever do need them you only have to call and an appointment is sorted out straight away. Service is all provided with a smile and it is nice to deal with the same person all the time rather than multiple people. Thank you Greg!"
Absolutely not. We provide an individualised service for each client and their pest problem. Our pest treatments will be tailored to your needs!
We have designed our services to reduce the amount of poison. So we focus on prevention and proofing. Our technicians will give you advice on removing things which attract rodents.
Domestically we cover London and the South-East. We offer national coverage for commercial customers.
If you have any traps or poison down from treating yourself, please ensure this is all removed prior to the technician arriving.
No, whilst they are both in the rodent family, rats and mice are different and have different behaviour, so it’s important to identify the correct pest to ensure the most effective treatment is used.
Payment is taken upon booking of the job with our customer service team. We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express.
Using a professional company is the quickest and most effective way to get rid of mice. The training given to professional technicians is not just about how to treat pests but, more importantly, how to do it safely, so no harm comes to other animals, including pets and other wildlife such as hedgehogs and birds.