Let's talk about your pest problem. Call Beaver Pest Control London on 0208 355 3443
Fast and effective bed bug control for London & the South East
Bed bug infestations are rising across London and the South East. These hitchhiking pests can find their way into your home on luggage, clothes, and even plastic bags. Having a bed bug infestation can be distressing but our experienced technicians are here to put you at ease and clear your infestation. A female bed bug can lay up to 200 eggs at a time so it's important to treat early to prevent an extensive infestation. Our bed bug control London teams are ready to deal with your bed bug problems so you can sleep comfortably again. At Beaver Pest Control, our locally-based, highly trained technicians deliver effective bed bug treatment to homes and businesses across London and the South East.
HOW TO GET RID OF BEDBUGS
Our helpful, friendly teams are here to help you at each step of your journey to a pest free home.
How do I know if I have a bed bug problem?
If you think you’ve spotted signs of a bed bug infestation, you’re in the right place. This quick guide to bed bugs will help you determine if it is in fact bed bugs you are dealing with.
There are a number of tell-tale signs that you have a bed bug infestation:
- Bed bug bites: red, irritating bites typically in rows around your neck, shoulders, back, legs or arms.
- Spots: small reddish-brown spots on the bed frame or sides of the mattress.
- Blood Smears: Small smears of blood on the linen or headboard.
Bed bugs are oval-shaped brownish-red, and approximately the size of an apple seed. Female bedbugs lay 200-500 eggs over two months in batches of 10-50. Depending on conditions, eggs can hatch in about a week, and the newly hatched nymphs shed five times before reaching maturity.
Bed bugs respond to warmth and carbon dioxide from a host to feed on. If a host is not available, bed bugs can stay in an inactive state for weeks or months. Bed bugs are nocturnal and usually start feeding when people are asleep however if there is a heavy infestation, bed bugs have been known to feed during the day.
At Beaver we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM). This is a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools in a way that minimises economic, health, and environmental risks.
We follow the following 5 steps for bed bug treatment London:
- Inspection – In line with the CRRU guidance, ensuring a thorough survey is carried out is essential. This will be a full environmental assessment identifying: pest infestations, access points, sources of food, water & harbourage, proofing options, and any external factors which could result in pest infestations i.e overgrown vegetation.
- Exclusion – Proofing recommendations will always be given by our technicians when identified.
- Restriction – Restricting the sources of food, water and harbourage will make your home less appealing to pests and can be an effective way to prevent re-infestation.
- Destruction – This is what it says, destroying pests that do manage to find their way into your home. We use commercial-grade insecticides safely to provide a comprehensive bed bug spray in accordance with the label to ensure full control.
- Communicate – Communication is perhaps one of the most important parts of the process as a whole. At every stage of this process, our technicians will be communicating their actions and importantly the reasons for their actions to you. Explaining the importance of exclusion and restriction will in the long term benefit you as you will reduce the risk of repeated infestations. It is very important that the recommendations the technicians provide are followed to support you in having a pest-free home.
Customer Reviews for bed bug control London
"Discovering we had bed bugs was pretty destressing, however from my first contact to the Beaver Pest control I felt reassured that I had found the right company for the job. The team with so helpful and made the situation so seem much more manageable and were so patient with all my questions! The two technicians that came were friendly, professional and thorough. . A big thank you to Monica who was so lovely and accommodating. Highly recommend this company. Thanks again Beaver Pest control team."
"I called Beaver to get some advice regarding a bug problem and spoke with a amazing lady by the name of Marta. I explained we already had the house treated by the council but was interested in other treatments. Marta explained to me what we had done should be sufficient but still my mum was in tears. I asked Marta if she could talk to my mum to put her at ease. Without a thought she said yes and took the time and patience to explain the process. Without a doubt, next time I would need a pest service, Beaver would be the company id call. They seem very sincere, kind and honest and wish most of today's companies would display the level of customer service that Marta displayed to me."
"Jake visited my property yesterday to fumigate my house from cat fleas and possible bed bugs. His manner was extremely professional, polite and friendly. He was reassuring in terms of convincing me that a thorough job was done in fumigating the house paying particular attention to the key areas of concern and where fleas and possible bed bugs may occupy and hide. Jake was efficient and meticulous in carrying out the job and I have no concerns in terms of his efforts. I would highly recommend Beaver Pest Control services as they have a very friendly empathetic and professional manner and are very experienced and knowledgeable in their field. Well done Jake 👍🏼😊"
Absolutely not. We provide an individualised service for each client and their pest problem. Our pest treatments will be tailored to your needs!
If using insecticides while treatment is undertaken, you will need to vacate the premises for 3-4 hours to allow the treatment to be applied and dry. Once the treatment is dry, it is safe. Alternative treatments using steam or heat are available for customers if they prefer not to use insecticides.
Domestically we cover London and the South-East. We offer national coverage for commercial customers.
Before we come to treat the premise, please wash all bedding in a hot wash, 60 degrees Celsius or above or dry clean them.
Vacuum the room thoroughly, especially the edges and other cracks; if possible, lift the edges of the carpet and vacuum here too, empty the contents of the cleaner into an outside bin (to prevent any re-infestation).
If the wardrobes and drawers are close to the bed and require treatment, you will need to empty the contents, wash or dry clean as much as possible and retain items in a black bin bag until the treatment has been carried out.
Heavier infestations will demand that all the cupboards are emptied throughout the rooms in readiness for treatment.
Once treatment has dried, you can restore all items moved prior to treatment. It is important that all belongings are kept within the room to reduce the problem spreading to other rooms.
If items are to be removed for cleaning, bag them up tightly. Please do not vacuum for 2 to 3 weeks after the treatment, as this removes the insecticide residue.
Payment is taken upon booking the job with our customer service team. We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express.
Using a professional company is the quickest and most effective way to get rid of mice. The training given to professional technicians is not just about how to treat pests but, more importantly, how to do it safely, so no harm comes to other animals, including pets and other wildlife such as hedgehogs and birds.