Fast and effective squirrel control for London & the South East
Squirrels can be difficult to deal with, especially when they are in your home. It is not uncommon for squirrels to make nests in attics or loft spaces and once the nest has been created, squirrels are known to be territorial. If you have a squirrel problem in your home, our trained technicians can help remove them.
Our helpful, friendly teams are here to help you at each step of your journey to a pest free home.
How do I know if I have a squirrel problem?
If you think you’ve spotted signs of a squirrel infestation, you’re in the right place. This quick guide to mice will help you determine if it is in fact squirrels you are dealing with.
There are a number of tell-tale signs that you have a squirrel infestation:
- Scratching or rustling noises coming from your attic or wall cavity.
- Droppings and smell of urine in the loft area; our technicians can help you confirm the source of the droppings.
- Sightings of squirrels around the roof area.
- Holes or damage in your insulation or exterior.
Grey squirrels were introduced to the UK in the victorian era and have since colonised 90% of the squirrel population in the UK. This has led to a decline in the numbers of the native red squirrel, a protected species.
Grey squirrels have a silver-grey fur coat with white underside. They grow to between 24-26cm in length and have long whiskers, big eyes and small ears.
Grey squirrels create nests in trees called dreys; these are easy to spot in winter when there are fewer leaves. Without available trees, squirrels will make themselves home in an attic or loft space.
At Beaver we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM). This is a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools in a way that minimises economic, health, and environmental risks.
We follow the following 5 steps:
- Inspection – In line with the CRRU guidance, ensuring a through survey is carried out is essential. This will be a full environmental assessment identifying: pest infestations, access points, sources of food, water & harbourage, proofing options, and any external factors which could result in pest infestations i.e overgrown vegetation.
- Exclusion – proofing is carried out where possible by our technicians, any larger proofing jobs need will be identified and explained to the customer. Proofing is the best defence against rodent ingress.
- Restriction – Restricting the sources of food, water and harbourage will make your home less appealing for pests and can be an effective way to prevent re-infestation.
- Communicate – Communication is perhaps one of the most important parts of the process as a whole. At every stage of this process our technicians will be communicating their actions and importantly the reasons for their actions for you. Explaining the importance of exclusion and restriction will in the long term benefit you as you will reduce the risk of repeated infestations. It is very important that the recommendations the technicians provide are followed to support you in having a pest-free home.
“The operative guy, Jason, was personable and experienced. On the first visit he almost completely eradicated the problem, which was causing me health difficulties. On the return visit he identified some further problems which I hope are eradicated. There is a four week guarantee after the second visit, which has given me a lot of peace of mind.”
“Excellent service from Tyrelle. He was very informative and friendly and went above and beyond to fill holes and lay bait.”
Residential Customer, London: “Roy from Beaver was extremely knowledgeable and identified the source of our problem quickly. He also gave advice to help rectify the issue. He was very informative and helpful. He laid down poision in the affected area and came back 2 weeks later as agreed. The Beaver team were very helpful and provided by email a detailed report on the matter that they had addressed.”
Absolutely not. We provide an individualised service for each client and their pest problem. Our pest treatments will be tailored to your needs!
We have designed our services to reduce the amount of poison. So we focus on prevention and proofing. Our technicians will give you advise on removing things which attract rodents.
Domestically we cover London and the South-East. We offer national coverage for commercial customers.
Payment is taken upon booking of the job with our customer service team. We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express.
Using a professional company is the quickest and most effective way to get rid of mice. The training given to professional technicians is not just about how to treat pest but also, and more importantly, how to do it safely so no harm comes to other animals, including pets and other wildlife such as hedgehogs and birds.