Let's talk about your pest problem. Call Beaver Pest Control London on 020 8355 3443
Fast and effective wasp nest removal for London & the South East
Wasps nests are common in London and the South East. Nests only last for one year, but the queens work over winter to create new nests in the following year. Towards the end of the summer, the workers can be very aggressive. In the spring the new queen wasps, that mated the previous autumn, start to build their own individual wasp nest from chewed up wood. If you go too close to an active nest, the wasps will feel threatened and will sting. A professional pest technician should carry out treatment as our staff have the experience and correct protective clothing to deal with the wasp nest removal safely and quickly.
HOW TO GET RID OF WASPS
Our helpful, friendly teams are here to help you at each step of your journey to a pest free home.
How do I know if I have a wasp problem?
If you think you’ve spotted signs of a wasp infestation, you’re in the right place. This quick guide to wasps will help you determine if it is in fact wasps you are dealing with.
There are a number of tell-tale signs that you have a wasp infestation:
If you see a large number of wasps around your home you may be dealing with a wasps nest.
Wasps are likely to make their nests in sheltered spots such as:
- Under trees
- In bushes
- Wall cavities
- Under eaves
- In your shed or garage.
The most common wasps found in the UK are common wasps (Vespula vulgaris) and German wasps (Vespula germanica).
With both species, there will be a queen wasp which is larger than normal wasps. The other wasps in the nest will all be workers, all sterile females, who forage for over a mile in search of food.
Towards the end of summer when the availability of food is scarce and temperatures start to drop wasps start to starve or die of the cold. The new queen wasps will go into hibernation and emerge in the spring to begin building a new nest.
A single nest may produce 3,000-8,000 wasps in a year.
At Beaver we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM). This is a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools in a way that minimises economic, health, and environmental risks.
We follow the following 5 steps:
- Inspection – In line with the CRRU guidance, ensuring a through survey is carried out is essential. This will be a full environmental assessment identifying: pest infestations, access points, sources of food, water & harbourage, proofing options, and any external factors which could result in pest infestations i.e overgrown vegetation.
- Exclusion – Proofing recommendations will always be given by our technicians when identified.
- Restriction – Restricting the sources of food, water and harbourage will make your home less appealing for pests and can be an effective way to prevent re-infestation.
- Destruction – This is what is says, destroying pests that do manage to find their way into your home. We use commercial-grade insecticides safely and in accordance with the label to ensure full control.
- Communicate – Communication is perhaps one of the most important parts of the process as a whole. At every stage of this process our technicians will be communicating their actions and importantly the reasons for their actions for you. Explaining the importance of exclusion and restriction will in the long term benefit you as you will reduce the risk of repeated infestations. It is very important that the recommendations the technicians provide are followed to support you in having a pest-free home.
Customer Reviews for wasp nest removal
"We had a particularly inaccessible wasps' nest plaguing us and Darren came to the rescue after the first attempt had failed. He devised a very ingenious way of getting at the wasps and knocked them on the head. Cheerful and very engaging, Darren did the job with great efficiency. Many thanks."
Absolutely not. We provide an individualised service for each client and their pest problem. Each wasp nest removal will be assessed for safety and to ensure full removal of the nest and wasps.
Our expert pest control technicians will always carry out a risk assessment before treatment and will give you advice on how to minimise risk to your family and pets. We aim to reduce the number of chemicals we use when treating pests, and where possible will carry use physical and biological deterrents first.
Domestically we cover London and the South-East. We offer national coverage for commercial customers.
Use our residential postcode checker to see if we cover your home.
Payment is taken upon booking of the job with our customer service team. We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express.
Using a professional company is the quickest and most effective way to get rid of mice. The training given to professional technicians is not just about how to treat pest but also, and more importantly, how to do it safely so no harm comes to other animals, including pets and other wildlife such as hedgehogs and birds.