Let's talk about your pest problem. Call Beaver Pest Control London on 020 8355 3443
Fast and effective silverfish control for London & the South East
Silverfish are common pests affecting homes across London and the South East. They are usually found in bathrooms and kitchens due to their fondness for damp areas. While not pleasant, silverfish can be useful in that they generally indicate you have a damp issue that needs attention. We are able to treat the silverfish to remove them from your home but the underlying damp issues ultimately need to be resolved in order to prevent them from coming back.
HOW TO GET RID OF SILVERFISH
Our helpful, friendly teams are here to help you at each step of your journey to a pest free home.
How do I know if I have a silverfish problem?
If you think you’ve spotted signs of a silverfish infestation, you’re in the right place. This quick guide to silverfish will help you determine if it is in fact silverfish you are dealing with.
The only real way of knowing if you have silverfish are by seeing them. They are nocturnal in habit, but often get trapped on smooth surfaces like bathtubs.
These silver-grey, wingless insects grow to around 12mm long. They are often found in damp areas such as in kitchens and bathrooms. They lay their eggs in cracks and crevices, and the nymphs grow by an indefinite number of moults. Adults can live for over three years.
At Beaver we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM). This is a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools in a way that minimises economic, health, and environmental risks.
We follow the following 5 steps:
- Inspection – In line with the CRRU guidance, ensuring a through survey is carried out is essential. This will be a full environmental assessment identifying: pest infestations, access points, sources of food, water & harbourage, proofing options, and any external factors which could result in pest infestations i.e overgrown vegetation.
- Exclusion – Proofing recommendations will always be given by our technicians when identified.
- Restriction – Restricting the sources of food, water and harbourage will make your home less appealing for pests and can be an effective way to prevent re-infestation.
- Destruction – This is what is says, destroying pests that do manage to find their way into your home. We use commercial-grade insecticides safely and in accordance with the label to ensure full control.
- Communicate – Communication is perhaps one of the most important parts of the process as a whole. At every stage of this process our technicians will be communicating their actions and importantly the reasons for their actions for you. Explaining the importance of exclusion and restriction will in the long term benefit you as you will reduce the risk of repeated infestations. It is very important that the recommendations the technicians provide are followed to support you in having a pest-free home.
"Steve visited my property today. His manner was extremely professional, polite and friendly. Steve was efficient and meticulous in carrying out the job and I have no concerns in terms of his efforts. I would highly recommend Beaver Pest Control and their professionals. Thank you very much Steve."
"A huge thank you to Yusuf for his excellent service and courteous manner. He is very reliable, professional and thorough! Always delivering more than your expectation. Hoping to never need Beaver again, in the nicest way possible but if I do, I know Yusuf will deliver a fantastic service."
"Very happy with my experience today with Beaver Pest Control. Tyrelle was extremely professional and friendly both times visiting our property, took his time to answer all our questions and me us feel at ease given we have a small baby in the house. He was able to clearly identify out issue and explain the options we had to solve the issue. Very happy with the experience and job that was done. Thank you Tyrelle!"
Absolutely not. We provide an individualised service for each client and their pest problem. Our pest treatments will be tailored to your needs!
Our expert pest control technicians will always carry out a risk assessment before treatment and will give you advice on how to minimise risk to your family and pets. We aim to reduce the number of chemicals we use when treating pests, and where possible will carry use physical and biological deterrents first.
Domestically we cover London and the South-East. We offer national coverage for commercial customers.
Use our residential postcode checker to see if we cover your home.
Payment is taken upon booking of the job with our customer service team. We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express.
Using a professional company is the quickest and most effective way to get rid of mice. The training given to professional technicians is not just about how to treat pest but also, and more importantly, how to do it safely so no harm comes to other animals, including pets and other wildlife such as hedgehogs and birds.