Let's talk about your pest problem. Call Beaver Pest Control London on 0208 355 3443
Fast and effective cockroach control for London & the South East
Discovering a cockroach infestation in your home can be very distressing and can be difficult to control without the help of our expert technicians. The common ways cockroaches come into your home are from previous occupiers who moved from another premise that was also infested, an infestation in a neighbouring property or in food deliveries. Cockroaches can rapidly grow in number, so it's important to get a professional pest controller in as soon as possible.
HOW TO GET RID OF COCKROACHES
Our helpful, friendly teams are here to help you at each step of your journey to a pest free home.
How do I know if I have a cockroach problem?
If you think you’ve spotted signs of a cockroach infestation, you’re in the right place. This quick guide to mice will help you determine if it is in fact cockroaches you are dealing with.
There are a number of tell-tale signs that you have a cockroach infestation:
- Sightings: Although seeing a live or dead cockroach is the most obvious way to tell, cockroaches are nocturnal so especially in the early stages of infestation, other signs may help identify an infestation early.
- Ootheca (Egg Cases): cockroaches will produce an egg case that they will leave in a dark crevice while the eggs are gestating.
- Shed Skins: at each stage of growth, cockroaches will shed their skins. They will go through 5-6 skins before reaching maturity.
- Damage to food to packaging: cockroaches are not fussy eaters, they will feed on almost anything including refuse and even other cockroaches.
There are many types of cockroaches worldwide, but generally, we come across german or oriental cockroaches in the UK. Treatment is very much different depending on which type of cockroach we are dealing with so it’s essential to identify it correctly.
German cockroaches are a light yellowy/brown and are 10 to 15mm long. The german cockroaches are the most common cockroaches in London as they prefer warm and humid conditions. They breed much faster than other cockroaches too.
Oriental cockroaches are shiny black or brown and grow to 20 to 24mm long. These cockroaches can survive in much cooler and drier conditions such as basements. For this reason, oriental cockroaches are probably still the most widespread cockroaches across the UK.
At Beaver we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM). This is a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools in a way that minimises economic, health, and environmental risks.
We follow the following 5 steps:
- Inspection – In line with the CRRU guidance, ensuring a thorough survey is carried out is essential. This will be a full environmental assessment identifying: pest infestations, access points, sources of food, water & harbourage, proofing options, and any external factors which could result in pest infestations i.e overgrown vegetation.
- Exclusion – proofing recommendations will always be given by our technicians when identified.
- Restriction – Restricting the sources of food, water and harbourage will make your home less appealing to pests and can be an effective way to prevent re-infestation.
- Destruction – This is what it says, destroying pests that do manage to find their way into your home. We use commercial-grade insecticides safely and in accordance with the label to ensure full control.
- Communicate – Communication is perhaps one of the most important parts of the process as a whole. At every stage of this process, our technicians will be communicating their actions and importantly the reasons for their actions to you. Explaining the importance of exclusion and restriction will in the long term benefit you as you will reduce the risk of repeated infestations. It is very important that the recommendations the technicians provide are followed to support you in having a pest-free home.
"We had to arrange through our lettings agent for Beaver Pest Control to come out to our domestic cockroach issue caused by an adjacent apartment. I found Monica from the customer relations team on the phone to be extremely friendly and accommodating. The pest control agent Colin who came to treat our flat called me in advance to double check times, was punctual, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and re-assuring. Although we will have to wait a few days for the final results, I have already witnessed a cockroach dying from ingesting the bait gel that was laid and I have every confidence in its effectiveness! I can't recommend Beaver Pest Control enough for their customer service, efficiency and understanding."
Absolutely not. We provide an individualised service for each client and their pest problem. Our pest treatments will be tailored to your needs!
Our expert pest control technicians will always carry out a risk assessment before treatment and will give you advice on how to minimise risk to your family and pets. We aim to reduce the number of chemicals we use when treating pests and, where possible, will carry use physical and biological deterrents first.
Domestically we cover London and the South-East. We offer national coverage for commercial customers.
Use our residential postcode checker to see if we cover your home.
Payment is taken upon booking the job with our customer service team. We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express.
Using a professional company is the quickest and most effective way to get rid of mice. The training given to professional technicians is not just about how to treat pests but, more importantly, how to do it safely, so no harm comes to other animals, including pets and other wildlife such as hedgehogs and birds.