Let's talk about your pest problem. Call Beaver Pest Control London on 0208 355 3443
Fast and effective Garden Ant control for London & the South East
Garden ants can be a nuisance if they are coming into your home. Garden ants usually breed outside but they will find their way into the house looking for food. You might find them near door frames and pipes, you can follow the trail back to find the nest. Our expert pest control technicians will treat the nest to protect your home from further entry.
HOW TO GET RID OF ANTS
Our helpful, friendly teams are here to help you at each step of your journey to a pest free home.
How do I know if I have a garden ant problem?
If you think you’ve spotted signs of an ant infestation, you’re in the right place. This quick guide to garden ants will help you determine if it is in fact garden ants you are dealing with.
The black garden ant is a formicine ant found all over Europe and in some parts of North America and Asia. It is the most common ant to be found in the UK, it is deemed to be a pest once it migrates inside or starts to cause damage to mortar or the stability of paving.
The nest is made up of a single queen and a colony of around 4,000–6,000 workers (sterile females).
Black garden ants often explore their surroundings quite extensively during the early summer months in an effort to increase the food supply to their queen and her young.
Mating flights will usually occur on hot and humid days around July and August; these nuptial flights can contain thousands of winged males and females. It is possible that these flights can occur on the same day across the whole nation if weather conditions are suitable. This behaviour often prompts a call to our company but there must be a nest present for a successful treatment.
Occasionally central heating or warmth in a conservatThe ory or a green house may kick start this mating during other months of the year, sometimes in the home.
At Beaver we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM). This is a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools in a way that minimises economic, health, and environmental risks.
We follow the following 5 steps:
- Inspection – In line with the CRRU guidance, ensuring a thorough survey is carried out is essential. This will be a full environmental assessment identifying: pest infestations, access points, sources of food, water & harbourage, proofing options, and any external factors which could result in pest infestations i.e overgrown vegetation.
- Exclusion – Proofing recommendations will always be given by our technicians when identified.
- Restriction – Restricting the sources of food, water and harbourage will make your home less appealing to pests and can be an effective way to prevent re-infestation.
- Destruction – This is what it says, destroying pests that do manage to find their way into your home. We use commercial-grade insecticides safely and in accordance with the label to ensure full control.
- Communicate – Communication is perhaps one of the most important parts of the process as a whole. At every stage of this process, our technicians will be communicating their actions and importantly the reasons for their actions to you. Explaining the importance of exclusion and restriction will in the long term benefit you as you will reduce the risk of repeated infestations. It is very important that the recommendations the technicians provide are followed to support you in having a pest-free home.
"Steve visited my property today. His manner was extremely professional, polite and friendly. Steve was efficient and meticulous in carrying out the job and I have no concerns in terms of his efforts. I would highly recommend Beaver Pest Control and their professionals. Thank you very much Steve."
"A huge thank you to Yusuf for his excellent service and courteous manner. He is very reliable, professional and thorough! Always delivering more than your expectation. Hoping to never need Beaver again, in the nicest way possible but if I do, I know Yusuf will deliver a fantastic service."
"Very happy with my experience today with Beaver Pest Control. Tyrelle was extremely professional and friendly both times visiting our property, took his time to answer all our questions and me us feel at ease given we have a small baby in the house. He was able to clearly identify out issue and explain the options we had to solve the issue. Very happy with the experience and job that was done. Thank you Tyrelle!"
Absolutely not. We provide an individualised service for each client and their pest problem. Our pest treatments will be tailored to your needs!
Our expert pest control technicians will always carry out a risk assessment before treatment and will give you advice on how to minimise risk to your family and pets. We aim to reduce the number of chemicals we use when treating pests, and where possible, we will use physical and biological deterrents first.
Domestically we cover London and the South-East. We offer national coverage for commercial customers.
Use our residential postcode checker to see if we cover your home.
Payment is taken upon booking the job with our customer service team. We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express.
Using a professional company is the quickest and most effective way to get rid of mice. The training given to professional technicians is not just about how to treat pests but, more importantly, how to do it safely, so no harm comes to other animals, including pets and other wildlife such as hedgehogs and birds.