Let's talk about your pest problem. Call Beaver Pest Control London on 0208 355 3443
Fast and effective flea control for London & the South East
Beaver Pest Control offer quick and effective flea control across London and the South East. Cat fleas in particular are very common in the UK, once they are on your property; if there is not an animal around or there are a lot of fleas they resort to biting humans, usually around the ankles and legs. Once fleas have established themselves within a home animals will need to be carefully treated as well as the home itself by a flea control technician to completely remove the infestation and protect your home and pet from further bites.
HOW TO GET RID OF FLEAS
Our helpful, friendly teams are here to help you at each step of your journey to a pest free home.
How do I know if I have a flea problem?
If you think you’ve spotted signs of a flea infestation, you’re in the right place. This quick guide to mice will help you determine if it is in fact fleas you are dealing with.
There are a number of tell-tale signs that you have a mouse infestation:
- Pets: is your pet scratching, licking or biting itself more than usual?
- Sightings: you may see fleas or flea droppings on your pet’s fur.
- Bites: flea bites will typically be around the legs and ankles. If you have been holding or stroking your pet, you may find them in your arms.
- Live fleas: when they aren’t biting, fleas can be seen jumping on carpets and soft furnishings.
Fleas are an external parasitic insect pest of mammals and birds. They depend on their ‘host’ animal for food and development. Their host can be e.g. a cat, a dog, a fox or a bird but if the host is not available they will bite humans. Adult fleas vary in size, but are generally about 2-3mm long and reddish brown in colour. There are too many types to list as there are around 1400 known species of flea. First, the source of the infestation must be identified and treatment of the offending animal undertaken by a vet or the owner. Secondly, a thorough vacuum clean of the premises should be undertaken and the bag disposed of. Thirdly, all areas should be treated with an insecticidal spray to kill the adult fleas and larvae. Pupae often survive treatment, so it is usual to carry out a second spray treatment to ensure adequate insecticide is available when they eventually hatch out.
At Beaver we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM). This is a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools in a way that minimises economic, health, and environmental risks.
We follow the following 5 steps:
- Inspection – In line with the CRRU guidance, ensuring a thorough survey is carried out is essential. This will be a full environmental assessment identifying: pest infestations, access points, sources of food, water & harbourage, proofing options, and any external factors which could result in pest infestations i.e overgrown vegetation.
- Exclusion – Proofing recommendations will always be given by our technicians when identified.
- Restriction – Restricting the sources of food, water and harbourage will make your home less appealing to pests and can be an effective way to prevent re-infestation.
- Destruction – This is what it says, destroying pests that do manage to find their way into your home. We use commercial-grade insecticides safely and in accordance with the label to ensure full control.
- Communicate – Communication is perhaps one of the most important parts of the process as a whole. At every stage of this process, our technicians will be communicating their actions and importantly the reasons for their actions to you. Explaining the importance of exclusion and restriction will in the long term benefit you as you will reduce the risk of repeated infestations. It is very important that the recommendations the technicians provide are followed to support you in having a pest-free home.
"Steve visited my property today. His manner was extremely professional, polite and friendly. Steve was efficient and meticulous in carrying out the job and I have no concerns in terms of his efforts. I would highly recommend Beaver Pest Control and their professionals. Thank you very much Steve."
"A huge thank you to Yusuf for his excellent service and courteous manner. He is very reliable, professional and thorough! Always delivering more than your expectation. Hoping to never need Beaver again, in the nicest way possible but if I do, I know Yusuf will deliver a fantastic service."
"Very happy with my experience today with Beaver Pest Control. Tyrelle was extremely professional and friendly both times visiting our property, took his time to answer all our questions and me us feel at ease given we have a small baby in the house. He was able to clearly identify out issue and explain the options we had to solve the issue. Very happy with the experience and job that was done. Thank you Tyrelle!"
Absolutely not. We provide an individualised service for each client and their pest problem. Our pest treatments will be tailored to your needs!
Our expert pest control technicians will always carry out a risk assessment before treatment and will give you advice on how to minimise risk to your family and pets. We aim to reduce the number of chemicals we use when treating pests, and where possible, we will use physical and biological deterrents first.
Domestically we cover London and the South-East. We offer national coverage for commercial customers.
Use our residential postcode checker to see if we cover your home.
Payment is taken upon booking the job with our customer service team. We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express.
Using a professional company is the quickest and most effective way to get rid of mice. The training given to professional technicians is not just about how to treat pests but, more importantly, how to do it safely, so no harm comes to other animals, including pets and other wildlife such as hedgehogs and birds.